It’s our top priority to keep your camera connected 24/7. If your camera has connection issues, such as lengthy loading during live view, follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1. Make sure your Wi-Fi network is available and working
Lollipop Baby Camera uses your home Wi-Fi network to stream video continuously.
Sometimes it can be confusing that you can write emails, send messages, or watch videos on your phone but not connect to the camera, which is because the camera is a live view monitor and requires better internet performance than regular usages.
Here’s an easy check if you’d like to know if your Wi-Fi signal is good enough: try to recall if you could conduct a video chat, watch a live video, or play online games in the same environment as the camera.
If the connection is too weak for the camera to work, adjust the location of the Wi-Fi router or the camera, such as by checking if there are any thick walls between the camera and your Wi-Fi router or if they are located in different rooms.
3. The Bandwidth of Your Wi-Fi Can Still Be a Problem, Even When the Signal Is Strong Enough
If there are many devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network, ensure that there is enough bandwidth for Lollipop Baby Camera.
An easy way to check your bandwidth is to run a speed test on your mobile device next to your Lollipop Baby Camera while connected to your home Wi-Fi.
- The minimum required stable download/upload speed is 5 Mbps. If there are multiple devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network, ensure that there is enough bandwidth for your camera.
- If the speed test determines that the speed is less than 5 Mbps or slightly higher than 5 Mbps, you may encounter delayed notifications or lengthy loading of the live view.
- Avoid video calling, online games, downloading files, or other things that require hard usage of the internet when setting up or testing the internet speed of your camera.
4. Reducing wireless interference
Wireless interference can cause Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices to disconnect or perform poorly, but you can take the following instruction step by step to reduce or overcome it.
- There are some common items that may cause signal interference (e.g., power cables, microwave ovens, fluorescent lights, wireless video cameras, and cordless phones).
- Reduce the number of active devices that use the same wireless frequency 2.4 GHz band.
- Configure your Wi-Fi router to use a different Wi-Fi channel or rescan/restart the router to search for a better channel.
5. Reboot Your Camera by Unplugging and Plugging It Again
Wait about 10 seconds before plugging the power adapter back into the outlet.
6. Reboot Your Router by Unplugging and Plugging the Device
If your Wi-Fi network isn’t showing up, or you’re having trouble establishing an internet connection, we suggest restarting your router, modem, and any wireless-repeaters.
Please unplug your router, modem, and repeaters from the wall outlet and make sure the connection lights have stopped blinking.
After 10 seconds, plug each item back into the wall outlet.
7. Update the Firmware and Lollipop Baby Camera App in the Apple Store/Google Play Store
We constantly improve the performance of the camera by releasing new versions of the camera’s firmware and app. Make sure that your camera has the latest firmware and app version to enable a better user experience.
8. Run Network Diagnosis feature
Please kindly run the Network Diagnosis in our app and refer to the link below:
🍭Need more help? Tell us how we can help.
Submit a request and we’ll provide further assistance.
Get Lollipop Support >