The Lollipop App contains a built-in Network Diagnosis feature, which can display the network connection status and applicable functions of your environment.
In Lollipop App main page, tap the tab (˙˙˙) on the upper right corner and you can find Network Diagnosis.
Current mode: Show the network mode you are currently using.
Network Diagnoses section includes three different modes:
- Indoor: Means your phone and the camera are under the same Wi-Fi.
- Outdoor: Means your phone and the camera are under the different Wi-Fi.
- Private: not allow video streaming out of your home network. Please note that some functions of the camera cannot be used in this network mode.
You can find the Wi-Fi signal in this section. For the best experience, we recommend using a Wi-Fi router instead of an extender or mobile hotspot. Also, place the camera as close as possible to your Wi-Fi-router, and note that signals lower than 70/100 are considered as unstable network environments.
Find the available features in the listed icons below and note that some features are restricted in Outdoor or Privacy modes.
1. Indoor Mode (Camera and mobile device connected to the same Wi-Fi):
- Full feature
- No upstream data
- Low latency live view (1 second with good Wi-Fi signal)
- Faster access to live view (3 seconds with good Wi-Fi signal)
- Live view with no time limit
2. Outdoor Mode (Camera and mobile device connected to different Wi-Fi):
- Long latency: Most latency is added by the cellular systems transmission instead of the cloud backend we use. Live streaming using the outdoor mode transfers data through a few more steps. Every extra step added to this adds time, so it will take longer to receive the stream.
- Live view will need to be refreshed every 30 minutes.
- Background play will not be available.
3. Privacy Mode(The video and audio data will not go through the AWS cloud service):
- You can only watch live feed when in Indoor mode (camera and mobile device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi).
- You will receive the notifications, but the event video will not be uploaded.
- Push to Talk features will be unavailable. Whereas sound machine and music will be available if the app and camera are connected to the same network.
🍭If you encounter the network connecting issue, please provide a screenshot of network diagnosis result. Then, submit a request and our support team will provide further assistance.