You may experience connection issues if your bandwidth is below the required amount. A stable internet connection exclusive for 1 Lollipop Baby Camera is 10 mbps/ sec upload/download at a reliable and constant rate.
Here are some factors that might interfere with the camera connection:
When mobile devices switch connections between the main access point and the extender, the connection of the video streams will be cut briefly.
Make sure your extender can receive a strong signal from the main/central AP by placing it closer to the main/central AP.
Camera Switches Networks
If your camera switches from Wi-Fi (RTSP) to cellular data (RTMP), it might cause an unstable connection.
Use either Wi-Fi or a 4G hotspot at one time. Close the 4G portable hotspot when you are using Wi-Fi or vice versa. If you move around the weak points of the Wi-Fi coverage area, then the livestream of the camera will lag.
There are a few ways you can improve internet connections with Lollipop Baby Camera:
- Check to see if you’ve updated your app or firmware.
- Update the security for your Wi-Fi to prevent strangers from connecting to it and taking up internet bandwidth.
- Try switching your Wi-Fi from 2.4 GHz to 5GHz. 2.4GHz offers 14 overlapping channels, whereas 5GHz provides 23 non-overlapping channels.
- Reset your router. Rebooting your router can speed up your internet speed.
- Move your router to an open space with fewer walls or put it in the center of your home.
🍭If you need more help about network connection, tell us how we can help.
Submit a request and we’ll provide further assistance.
Get Lollipop Support >
Lollipop Baby Camera's Bandwidth Requirements for Wi-Fi