You may experience connection issues if your available bandwidth is below the required amount. To maintain a consistent and reliable connection, we recommend that for each Lollipop Baby Camera you utilize, there are at least 10 mbps upload/download rates available.
Here are some factors that might interfere with the camera connection
When mobile devices switch connections between the main access point (AP) and the extender, the connection of the video streams will be cut briefly. Make sure your extender can receive a strong signal from the main/central AP by placing it closer to the main/central AP.
Camera Switches Networks
If your camera switches from Wi-Fi to cellular data, it might create an unstable connection.
Use either Wi-Fi or a cellular hotspot only at any one time. Close the hotspot when you are utilizing WiFi and vice versa to maintain a stable, consistent connection and avoid lag on your camera's live stream.
There are a few ways you can improve your internet connection with Lollipop Baby Camera
- Check to see if you’ve updated your app or firmware.
- Update your Wi-Fi password periodically to prevent unwanted people from connecting and taking up Internet bandwidth.
- Try changing your Wi-Fi network from 2.4GHz to 5GHz as generally, 5GHz networks have less interference and provide more stability if you can achieve a good connection.
- Try resetting your router.
- Move your router to an open space with fewer walls or place it in the center of your home.
🍭Need more help? Tell us how!
Submit a request and we will provide further assistance.
Get Lollipop Support >